An employee owned firm, Rose & Kiernan is a leading provider of risk management, insurance, employee benefits, and surety services in New York, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. With over 200 employees working in our 14 offices our mission is to provide our clients and prospective customers’ unparalleled products and services.
R&K recognizes that our clients require products and services built around their unique needs, provided by leading insurance professionals with deep expertise in their industries and markets. Our goal is to attract team members that think and act like owners, provide our customers exceptional service and deliver cost-effective solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Employee Benefits Administrator in our East Greenbush, NY location.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide prompt, diligent and courteous customer service to clients, employees and internal personnel
- Document all written and verbal conversations in our agency management system
- Ability to learn, understand and navigate our internal eligibility and billing system as well as online benefit administrative portal
- Remain current and knowledgeable on all aspects of benefits services offered.
- Process COBRA notifications within required timeframe
- Service COBRA and Retiree participant inquiries
- Identify problems and develop resourceful solutions
- In-depth insurance product knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Must possess the ability to work well in a team environment
- Must exercise good judgement and decision making skills
Candidate will have:
- 2 years Employee Benefits experience desired
- Knowledge of State and Federal COBRA Law
- Demonstrated competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; specifically word and excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work within multiple systems
R&K offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with one of the nation’s fastest growing and highly profitable insurance brokerage firms.
Please send your resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Rose & Kiernan, Inc., Attention: Hiring Manager, 99 Troy Road, East Greenbush, NY 12061 or preferably by email to email@example.com