Insurance Brokerage Placement Trainee
An employee owned firm, Rose & Kiernan is a top-50 privately held insurance broker in the United States; a leading provider of risk management, insurance, employee benefits, and surety services. With 200 employees working in the northeast, our mission is to provide our clients and prospective customers unparalleled insurance products and services.
R&K recognizes that our clients want products and services built around their unique needs, provided by leading insurance professionals with deep expertise in their industries and markets.
Our objective is to attract new team members that think and act like owners; people who know how to contribute to top line growth while providing customers exceptional brokering service, and delivering industry-leading, cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations.
This exciting opportunity is for a Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance Brokerage Placement Trainee in our East Greenbush, NY location; an opportunity to learn and contribute to a highly effective marketing and production teams, while learning and being mentored by seasoned professionals.
We are especially seeking those individuals that are driven, disciplined and determined to advance their career with an industry leader.
In this role you will work alongside and be part of a team of established, highly experienced brokerage professionals with the expectation of developing into the role of a Marketing Director after an intensive, year-long training and on-the-job training curriculum. Initially, in this position, the team will rely on you to assist and support members of the team in the clerical, administrative, and procurement management process; assisting in market research, carrier engagement and the placement of risks. The position will entail opportunities for travel, industry study with carrier partners, workshop attendance, self-study, and the procurement of the individual’s property & casualty brokerage license.
Upon the successful completion of the training period the candidate will be promoted to the role of Marketing Director, and as part of the team, be responsible for the successful brokering of commercial insurance products for both new and existing customers.
Successful Candidate Characteristics:
- A willingness to take ownership for continued learning, including the pursuit of advanced industry designations; with a desire to develop proven, respected technical competencies;
- An exceptional focus on winning; on driving successful outcomes;
- Exceptionally strong negotiation, communication and relationship management skills;
- The ability to cultivate new and existing relationships;
- A client-centric mindset that has a strong sales and growth/performance orientation;
- Capable of working effectively and collaboratively within a team and with decision makers;
- A willingness to act as a liaison to designated insurance markets, participate in business planning and portfolio management, and develop and foster market intelligence across the enterprise;
- A desire to play a role in the mentoring of others and provide peer review/counsel
- A commitment from the candidate to obtain required licensing during the training period.
Preferred Candidates will have:
- A Four Year BA or BS degree;
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills;
- Demonstrated competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite; strong proficiency in Word and Excel are a must;
- A willingness to pursue Advanced P&C industry designations (i.e. CPCU, ARM, CIC, etc…)
R&K offers very attractive compensation, including the opportunities for bonus compensation, stock ownership, and exceptional personal/family benefits, continuing education & training opportunities, paid time off, and tremendous potential for growth with one of the nation’s top-50 privately held insurance brokerage firms.