An employee owned firm, Rose & Kiernan is a top-50 privately held insurance broker in the United States; a leading provider of risk management, insurance, employee benefits, and surety services. With over 200 employees working in the northeast, our mission is to provide our clients and prospective customers’ unparalleled insurance products and services.
R&K recognizes that our clients want products and services built around their unique needs, provided by leading insurance professionals with deep expertise in their industries and markets.
Our objective is to attract new team members that think and act like owners; people who know how to contribute to top line growth while providing customers exceptional brokering service, and delivering cost-effective solutions that exceed client expectations.
This exciting opportunity is for a Commercial Property & Casualty Marketing Director in our East Greenbush, NY location. The Marketing Director is responsible for the successful brokering of commercial insurance for both new and existing customers.
Successful Candidate Characteristics:
- A proven, successful track record in retail or wholesale insurance brokering/client placement or comparably developed skills honed in a carrier environment working with a variety of property & casualty agents or brokers
- An exceptional focus on winning; on driving successful outcomes
- Exceptionally strong negotiation, communication and relationship management skills
- Solid market relationships or possessing the ability to cultivate strong market relationships with regional and national insurers, wholesalers and program managers
- A client-centric mindset that has a strong sales and revenue growth orientation
- Outcome driven – evidences behaviors that lead to consistent, industry-leading placement and retention objectives
- Capable of working effectively and collaboratively with sales professionals, client managers (CSRs) and client decision makers
- Proven technical competency demonstrating proficiency in creating and delivering innovative property & casualty insuring solutions
- Proven ability to mentor others and provide peer review/counsel
- Acts as a liaison to designated insurance markets, participates in business planning and portfolio management, and communicates and fosters market intelligence across the enterprise
Preferred Candidates will have:
- Proven multi-line insurance technical competency
- A Four Year BA or BS degree – preferred, depending upon experience
- Demonstrated competency is the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced P&C industry designations a plus (i.e. CPCU, ARM, CIC, etc…)
- Experience with EPIC – Agency Management System
- A minimum of four (4) years industry experience – broking/client placement or production underwriting experience a plus
R&K offers competitive compensation, including the opportunities for bonus compensation, stock ownership, and exceptional benefits, continuing education & training opportunities, paid time off, and tremendous potential for growth with one of the nation’s top-50 privately held insurance brokerage firms.
Please send your resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Rose & Kiernan, Inc., Attention: Hiring Manager, 99 Troy Road, East Greenbush, NY 12061 or preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org