Property & Casualty Commercial Lines Technician
An employee owned firm, Rose & Kiernan is a leading provider of risk management, insurance, employee benefits, and surety services in New York, Connecticut and Rhode Island. With 200 employees working in our 14 offices our mission is to provide our clients and prospective customers’ unparalleled products and services.
R&K recognizes that our clients require products and services built around their unique needs, provided by leading insurance professionals with deep expertise in their industries and markets. Our goal is to attract team members that think and act like owners, provide our customers exceptional service and deliver cost-effective solutions that exceed our client’s expectations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Property & Casualty Commercial Lines Technician within our organization.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review and analysis of policy documents for coverage accuracy, completeness and professionalism, while maintaining agency time standards for policy and endorsement release to customers.
- Review of downloaded policies and endorsements received from carrier electronic files.
- Appropriate review, analysis and editing of agency applications, including file review and communication with Customer Service Representatives, Marketing Directors and Company Underwriting staff.
- Accurate invoicing of both direct bill and agency bill items, including installment plans.
- Processing, documenting and follow up on change requests; and the necessary written and verbal communication with Underwriters and Customer Service Representatives regarding outstanding items.
- Recommending additional coverages and coverage enhancements upon policy reviews.
- Identifies problems and is independent in developing resourceful solutions.
- In-depth insurance product knowledge and the ability to read, analyze and understand Commercial Lines insurance policy language.
- Interpersonal skills with a strong sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced, production oriented environment.
- High ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
Candidate will have:
- 2 years commercial lines, property and casualty experience required.
- Demonstrated competency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including a sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Applied Systems EPIC Platform desired
- State appropriate Property & Casualty License and insurance designations a plus.
R&K offers competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with one of the nation’s fastest growing and highly profitable insurance brokerage firms. Please send your resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Rose & Kiernan, Inc., Attention: Hiring Manager, 99 Troy Road, East Greenbush, NY 12061 or preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org