Senior Property Claims Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Property Claim Specialist in our corporate office in East Greenbush, NY.
The successful candidate will act as the customer’s claims advocate with the goal of helping the customer smoothly navigate what can sometimes be a complex claims process. This position is very customer service oriented. In this role the Senior Property Claims Specialist will have direct customer contact on the phone, via email, and face-to-face; providing support, reassurance, technical guidance and assistance in helping the customer work toward the timely and successful conclusion to their claim. The candidate will also act as a liaison with carrier claims representatives, adjusters, risk managers, and related third-parties. The position requires a person with an outgoing and nurturing manner; someone with the ability to empathetically problem solve, juggle multiple priorities, and work with strong conviction and sense of urgency.
- A proven, successful track record in handling a variety of property related claims including: commercial and personal lines claims. Complex property claims familiarity and adjusting experience is a plus.
- Outcome driven – demonstrate behaviors that lead to consistent, favorable claim outcomes for our clients.
- Capable of working effectively with clients, carrier claims personnel, Rose & Kiernan staff – including sales professionals and client managers responsible for customer service.
- Exceptionally strong communication, analytical, reasoning, and negotiation skills (oral and written).
- Self-motivated style; capable of interacting effectively within a professional office setting.
Candidate will have:
- Proven claims/insurance technical competency;
- A Four Year BA or BS degree (preferred);
- Demonstrated competency is the use of Microsoft Office Suite;
- An advanced P&C industry designation or a willingness and desire to pursue (i.e. CPCU, AIC, SCLA, etc…);
- A minimum of three (3) years industry claims experience – carrier, agency, or independent adjuster
R&K offers highly competitive compensation, exceptional benefits, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with one of the nation’s fastest growing and highly profitable insurance brokerage firms.
Please send your resume, with cover letter and salary requirements to: Rose & Kiernan, Inc.,
Attention: Hiring Manager, PO Box 640, East Greenbush, NY 12061 or preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org